flo-jo

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Sunday

Experiences from the Summer

I took this pic in the summer from the top of a mountain (3400metres above sea level) in the French Alps, the snow capped mountain in the distance is Mont Blanc. It was the most exhilarating feeling standing on the top of the mountain. Because of the altitude it can take your breath away.



It is quite an experience having your head in the clouds, at one point nothing could be seen - no point showing that pic!






These pics were taken in the ice caves at 3600m. There is just rubber matting to walk on over the ice and even I had to bend my head in places.











How people managed to work at this altitude is amazing. In places you can see light through the ice, made me wonder how thick it was! To get to these caves you travel inside the mountains in lifts and a train from 3400m, I have so many questions I would ask the person who developed all this. This dino supports the centre of the cave.

I took this pic from a helicopter in New York just as I had my shot lined up it turned and kind of dropped, as did my stomach!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home